So begins my journey of financial blogging, again. Yes I’ve been here before, but I feel that it’s time to get back into the low paying world of financial blogging. It’s probably best to talk about why I’m here and what I look to accomplish.
My personal goal is for this blog to be about:
- 70% investment
- 20% personal finance
- 10% directly saving money or applying discounts.
I am in my mid twenties, I make approximately $70k a year, and I want to be financially secured (we will get into what that means later). I previously ran a finance blog for over two years and I have 14 years experience trading stocks and about 3 years trading options (which is now my primary focus). I currently have about $25k in my brokerage account and I am in the processing of selling my house which will net me another $25k. I do have a 401k with a 5% with my employer and a small pension, but this blog will most likely never mention them, because the focus here is on self directed investment. Although you somewhat self-manage your 401k, in my case it is very limited.
Although option trading is new to some, I believe that options are without a doubt the most powerful tool when it comes to investing (more to follow). Option trading is also not any harder than stock trading to understand.
Financial gain from site:
- In my previous blog, I honestly made less than $1,000 for probably 1000 hours of work. Blogging simply does not pay very well. I will spend a little time researching any ways to make this blog a viable source of additional income, but some of the methods people use for generating online income are unethical, and I will not participant in these methods
- The real gain for me comes from managing my account. I have had very successful years in 2011, 2012, and 2013 while trading options, but I find that I am even more successful when managing a blog. This is because it forces me to think about what I’m doing and why, and it forces me to run some extra numbers.
Problems I want to Avoid:
- Spending too much time on formatting the website itself and not enough on content. Hopefully this site can generate enough to get a professional designer in here to take it up a level.
- Spending too much time on creating back-links (although this is important to get viewership)
That’s a decent starting point for why I’m here, and hopefully you stay along for the journey.